Fêtes des Plaisanciers
In 2014 and 2016, the town of Moissac hosted a Fêtes des Plaisanciers for the boating and local communities. The features of these Fêtes were:
- Welcoming and Farewell Functions at the Uvarium
- Barge Flotillas up the River Tarn, and later down the Tarn and up the Garonne
- Musical Performances by Boaters and Local Musicians
- An Arts Expo, mainly for works by Boaters
- Dinner near the Moissac Abbey
- Karaoke Night at the Sunbeam Cafe
- Tests of Skill in Petanque and Rope-Tossing
Participation in the Fêtes was free of charge, with attendees meeting their own costs for dining and refreshments.
Given the success of these Fêtes, another one is planned to be held in 2018 (August 10-12).
Some highlights from 2014 and 2016 (written from the perspective of organisers Tony Richardson and Rita Seethaler), and information about the planned activities for 2018 can be found here.
A summary of the Fêtes events as they happened in 2018 can be found